Solution Architect - Glasgow
£excellent + great benefits
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Shape the future
There’s never been a more exciting time to join our Enterprise team. Following our integration of one of the UK’s largest Fixed Network capabilities into our portfolio, Vodafone is now able to offer Enterprise customers access to the industry’s only directly provided fixed and mobile communications service. We’re providing a blueprint to revolutionise how our customers use voice, messaging, data and fixed-line solutions. Using this technology, in conjunction with our consultancy skills, our customers can find ‘Better Ways of Working’, which is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
The Solution Architect’s primary role will be to engage across a broad range of contact points within a customer organisation and determine the technology solution required to provide market-leading service to that customer. Working with global clients who are UK-centric as part of the Solution Design organisation in Vodafone UK.
The nature, criticality and scale of some of these opportunities allows our Solution Architects to influence and ‘change the way Britain works’. Our Solution Architects support both private sector and public sector clients and are therefore expected to understand the procurement frameworks and processes associated with both.
The Solution Architect will respond to requests for new technology or technology-derived solutions from the customer, but will also be accountable for demand generation activities i.e. pro-actively creating new opportunities to sell Vodafone solutions.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Responsible for developing, understanding and codifying requirements
• Single point of contact for business and customer during requirements capture phase
• Creation of solution designs to solve specific customer problems
• Responsible for technical support to commercial discussions, including bid qualification
• Responsible for presenting the technical solution to client at peer level
• Responsible for translating customer requirements into Vodafone language, product-set, etc. and producing design documentation
• Responsible for gaining sign off for technical design (both customer’s and internal designs)
• Responsible for the technical relationship with third parties and partners
• The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) or other Enterprise Architecture methodologies
• Basic level business functions (Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Strategy etc.)
• Business cases and business case benefits realisation
• The requirements capture process and expected outputs
• Awareness of IT Security and compliance issues
• Ideally background in Telco, Infrastructure or Applications Development
• Experience of working in a virtual team within pre-sales/bid phases
• Some experience in negotiating and working with vendors/partners
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job