This is a new role due to company growth and you’ll join an established Professional Services Team. My client is a well-established IT Service Provider specialising in connectivity who have some fantastic plans in place to continue their growth through 2018.
Within the Solution Architect role you’ll undertake presales responsibilities for the sales function within the business. This will include contributing and providing Solution Architecture expertise all account business needs - renewals, new business, change and cross-sell etc.
To provide more detail this will consist of technical qualification, solution design, producing technical documentation, bid support as well as providing technical consultancy for channel partners and end user network representatives with my clients 'go-to-market’ products and services delivering compelling, technically and commercially sound WAN and LAN solutions to meet emerging customer business requirements.
This role will be a mixture of homeworking, client site visits across the UK and ad-hoc office trips London or Midlands.
- Have previous experience providing Solution Architect / Technical Pre-Sales support or technical support within a Managed WAN / LAN Service provider utilising Cisco technology.
- Have good knowledge and understanding of networking protocols including MPLS, BGP, OSPF, VPLS, VPNs, and QoS
- Good understanding of WAN/LAN technologies including: Leased Lines, Carrier Ethernet, EFM, Xdsl etc.
- Able to produce High Level designs and detailed statement of works to document specific details associated with implementation and overall in-life operation of the solutions that have been proposed.
- Ideally (not a must have) hold relevant Cisco design qualification such as: CCDA, CCDP or hold a valid Cisco Professional qualification such as: CCNP, CCIP (additional qualifications such as: CCNA-Wireless, CCNA-Security, FCNSA, CCSA, FCNSP, CCSP or CISSP would be beneficial). It does not matter if your certifications have lapsed.
- Leased Lines
- Solution Architecture