Solution Architect - 6 month contract in Horsham - £425 a day
Our Client is looking for a Solution Architect who also has extensive experience in an infrastructure role.
- Actively promote the alignment of solution delivery to the technical strategy and data principles.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the technical and development standards and approach.
- Provide direction and consultancy for the enterprise in all aspects of solutions architecture and governance, including development and maintenance of a reference architecture.
- Organise and maintain Technical Design Authority processes to discuss, evaluate and approve proposed technical solutions and changes to the Society's IT architecture.
- Act as a coordinator and technical consultant on major project activity, providing technical design authority for the project.
- Review and feedback on captured business requirements ensuring they are in line with technical strategies and technically fit for purpose.
- Review and feedback on tender and procurement documentation ensuring any proposed solutions and/or vendors are technical appropriate.
- Develop technical design documents and proposed implementation guidance in support of projects.
- Consider the support implications of any new technology or technical solution.
- Where appropriate assist in making tactical decisions, ensuring they are informed by the technical strategy and a path to bring exceptions back into the road map are agreed.
- Work with third party Architects, where appropriate to ensure technical delivery of the project.
- Provide expertise and identify technical opportunities in support of feasibility studies.
- Conduct own research and development into IT solutions and technologies to ensure they are technically appropriate and 'fit for purpose.
- Contribute, develop and evolve the Society's technical and information security strategies and their corresponding roadmaps. Defining the Technical Strategy to achieve the Society's goals based on published business strategies.
- Recommend, influence and inform strategic and tactical planning to ensure compliance within the technical strategy and data principles.
- Improve the quality, consistency and governance of reference and operational data in the Society in compliance with information security best practices.
- Support and mentor technical colleagues in current and future technology.
- Develop skills and understanding of emerging technologies, and monitor progression to readiness for the Society.
- Highlight the usage of technologies used by other organisations
- Prototype new ideas and concepts.
- Horizon scan technology offerings and concepts and maintain an informed view of their application in the Society.
- Promote relevant innovation opportunities to IT leadership and where appropriate wider stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for platform and technology improvement and further exploitation to inform future planning where appropriate.
- Maintain expert status on technology currently used in the Society and in the future.
Must have experience of the following -
- WAN design - MPLS; SDWAN; IP/VPN
- Virtualisation - VMware/Cisco UCS
- VOIP telephoney (SIP)
- Wireless Solutions
- Windows 10/Active Directory Roll Outs
Any of the below -
Cloud Infrastructure experience (preferably GCP); Firewall Technologies; Application Deployment (SCCM)
- Active Directory Experience
- Cisco VoIP
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"