The role is within a newly developed division in a successful national packaging company. We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic & hard working packaging design engineer. The design engineer will join the specialist Aerospace & Defence Division.
Working within a very experienced group of technically minded people the ideal candidate needs to be able to work well within a team. The candidate’s primary role will be to work from design concepts & develop these through to completion. This will involve regular interaction with the sales, technical sales, purchasing, commercial & logistics teams. The candidate needs to be capable of working on a range of projects simultaneously.
Drawings are a major aspect of the role so the candidate needs to be able to convey information to both customers as well as suppliers in a clear & concise manner. Experience of manufacturing is essential even if it’s not specifically packaging based.
Working with existing strategic suppliers as well as setting up new ones the designer must have the technical ability to liaise with external manufacturers to develop the most economical solutions possible. The candidate will need to provide evidence of their ability to design within very tight commercial restraints.
The candidate needs to have a broad skill set & plenty of enthusiasm to learn. Training to build upon existing skills will be offered. Many of the division’s projects call for completely bespoke solutions so the candidate must have the ability to develop designs using different materials & production processes. Experience designing using a variety of different materials including corrugate, foam, timber, steel & plastics is essential to this role.
The role will be office based within the Rotherham branch with regular visits to suppliers as well as occasional visits to customers. These could potentially be situated across the whole of the UK.
- Proficient user of Solidworks or similar 3d based design packages.
- Experienced in either design or engineering based disciplines.
- Experience within the packaging or in related industries would be advantageous.
- Experience of design for manufacture is a fundamental requirement.
- Portfolio of concept & manufacturing drawings.
- Capable of working to a brief within very tight timescales.
- Demonstrate the ability to design market leading commercial solutions.
- A team player with prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic & ability to multi-task.
- We are looking for a hard working, logically minded candidate, who can efficiently develop design concepts into commercially competitive solutions as part of a team. They will need to be adaptable & enjoy working within tough deadlines. Technically minded with good attention to detail.
- Must have a clean driving license.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'