*Please note this role is based in East Anglia, covering the following areas; Ascot, Maidenhead, Slough, Windsor, High Wycombe and Hemel Hempstead
At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 25 Best Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Solid Surface Fitter Assistant - North London
As a Solid Surface Fitter assistant, you will support the Solid Surface Fitter with all solid surface worktop and or dry fitted kitchens for builders.
You will not be responsible for any plumbing or electrical duties on any site.
Responsibilities in brief
You will be allocated tasks by the Solid Surface Fitter that will include but not limited to the following:
- Supporting the Solid Surface Fitter by safely handling and measuring all materials to ensure minimal damage to Howdens products
- Setting up and preparing the tools that will be used to cut on site, in order to ensure that the worktop is an exact fit
- Be courteous to customers and uphold the Howdens Joinery reputation
- Making sure that you bring all of the rubbish with you and leave all sites clean and tidy
- You will minimalise raw material wastage by recycling where possible
- You may also support the Handy Person in the Depots where required
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 600 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen in 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network.
Skills and experience
- General knowledge of manual handling and lifting
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Able to use your own initiative
Howdens deeply value team working and reward our people in line with individual and team success through a competitive package of benefits including;
- Competitive salary
- Matched contribution pension scheme
- Team incentives and outings
- Staff discount on Howdens products
- Share awards and prize draws
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job