Local Authority Solicitor / Legal Executive Required, Cumbria
An exciting and highly sought after role has become available for a local authority Cumbria, for a Local Government Solicitor. Working alongside the Legal and Licensing Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the delivery of the Governance Service Plan by providing comprehensive, high quality legal service to its customers. As is typical of a role within local government, the role will be far reaching and give exposure to a number of different areas, including licensing, environment, planning, property, general contract and commercial contract matters. If you have experience within local government or are ready to move away from private practice in to a more exciting and varied role, please apply by clicking below.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide legal advice to the officers and Members of the Council as necessary.
- To be the Council’s advocate in Courts and at Tribunals and inquiries when required.
- To attend and advise Committees, Sub Committees, Working Parties and other bodies of the Council as may be required.
- To draft Pleadings, Contracts, Notices, Orders and such other legal and quasi-legal documentation as required.
- To advise the Council of the impact of any legislative developments, at both National and European levels.
- To provide a legal service as required in respect of land and property transactions.
- To instruct, liaise with and attend upon Counsel as required.
- To undertake such projects of a corporate nature or other legal work as may be required from time to time.
- To ensure adequate Continuous Professional Development is completed to maintain professional qualification status
- To undertake a corporate role in elections and act as a designated support for named councilors as directed by the Head of Governance
- To undertake out of hours work as and when required, in particular for undertaking election work.
- To support and deputise for the Legal and Licensing Manager as required
- Other duties and responsibilities within the professional competence of the post holder as directed by the Legal and Licensing Manager
- Annual leave entitlement of 23 days per annum, rising to 28 days after 5 years’ service and 31 days after 10 years’ service. You’ll also receive the 8 paid bank holidays. In addition, you also have the option to purchase up to 10 days leave per year. Plus, you can accrue up to 13 flexi days per year.
- The role operates on our flexi-time scheme which is great as you can start and finish when you like and accrue flexi days as mentioned above. There is also the option to do some work from home.
- Generous Local Government Pension scheme (the council pays 14.5% as their contribution)
- Generous occupational sick pay scheme (6 months full, followed by 6 months half – based on length of service)
- Family friendly initiatives such as enhanced maternity allowance, occupational maternity/paternity/adoption pay, shared parental leave and childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Access to Occupational Health and counselling services
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted optical care
- The opportunity to take 2 paid volunteer days per year
- Free parking
- Various employee engagement activities.
To apply, please click below or call Joseph Wells at Reed Legal for more information.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'