The Professional Indemnity department is seeking to recruit a Solicitor (NQ-5 years PQE) to assist the existing members in the growing Professional Indemnity Team in London.
The role will involve running a caseload of smaller professional indemnity claims as well as assisting lead partners with high value and multi-party claims.
The team in London deals with claims against a variety of different professionals including solicitors, conveyancers, surveyors, architects and engineers and also advises on some very large and complex policy issues.
There are also likely to be significant secondment opportunities in the future.
- Reviewing documents and preparing précis reports
- Handling their own smaller matters
- Liaising with the Insured and Insurers
- Dealing with disclosure
- Reviewing evidence
- Conducting investigations
- Instructing Counsel/Experts
- Drafting generally
- Attending conferences and Trials with Counsel
- Dealing with routine correspondence
- Court appointments
- To ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011 and relevant Service Standards
The individual may also be required to undertake the following:
- Initial report/review
- Periodic review
- Update reports
The above is not a definitive list of possible work which may be delegated.
- Previous defendant professional indemnity experience (NQ-5 years PQE)
- An ability to prioritise workload
- An ability to communicate in writing and prepare succinct and concise reports
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to work with case management systems
- The personal skills to deal with such work as major and expensive litigation involving liaison with senior claims handlers
- Legal qualification required i.e. Solicitor / FILEX or equivalent
- Willingness to play a role in the development of client relationships and of the practice as a whole.
- Claims handling experience (via a previous secondment or otherwise).
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary to be discussed on application
- 25 days holiday per year (opportunity to buy & sell 3 days)
- Family Cover Private Medical Insurance Bupa
- Health Cash Plan
- Life assurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- PHI/Income Protection
- Pension Contribution based
- Cycle to Work Scheme*
- Tech Scheme*
- Season Ticket Loan*
- Car Parking Scheme*
- Gym Flex*
- Access to Online Discount Sites
- Discounted Gourmet Society Membership
- Discounted Tickets for Merlin Attractions nationwide
- Discounts at local retail outlets
*after successfully completing probation
Our culture is focussed on making Keoghs sustainable and successful for our people and clients, with this our five values are at the heart of everything we do;
We listen, are down to earth and supportive
We work together towards a common goal
We’re friendly with a can do attitude
We care about our clients
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'