Our client is looking for a 2-4 year PQE Solicitor to join their Nottingham based Family team, part of the firm’s wider Private Capital Group. The successful candidate would become involved in all areas of family law. The advice would not only be for clients in the UK, but also internationally.
Your key duties will be:
- working alongside senior lawyers to provide assistance on a wide range of family work - to include assisting in all aspects of Financial Applications, Children Act Applications, drafting Pre and Post Marital Agreements.
- to have a high degree of client contact
- working with marketing strategies to attract new clients and developing relationships with current clients
Skills and experience you will have:
- previous experience in a similar role, with particular exposure to financial applications
- strong legal analytical skills
- strong advocacy skills
- drafting skills such as court applications, preliminary documents and detailed letters of advice to clients, statements and briefs to counsel
- a proven ability to find practical and innovative solutions to a range of problems
- strong business development skills
- strong IT skills
Key competencies you will need:
- to be personable and have experience of dealing with a broad range of clients
- to be willing to attend marketing/networking events and contribute to marketing publications to develop the profile of the team
- a high degree of initiative and the ability to cope in a demanding environment
- excellent organisational and prioritising skills
- the ability to work in a busy team
- excellent communication skills
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.