Our client has a vacancy for an Associate / Senior Associate to join their highly successful Commercial Property team.
You would be assisting in a busy commercial property team with a varied caseload of commercial property work for land owners, investors and developers through the efficient delivery of appropriate legal advice and assistance within the Commercial Property team.
Their Real Estate lawyers make a key contribution to the success of the firm in their work across each of the firm's designated sectors.
Required knowledge and experience:
Skills and experience you will have:
- to be an experienced solicitor or CILEX (3-5 years plus PQE), with current Practising Certificate and an expertise in commercial property.
- the ability to demonstrate an ability to provide accurate, focussed advice to clients and service delivery excellence. The team act for banks and financial institutions, commercial, residential and mixed use developers, healthcare and energy sector clients so experience and/or interest in one or all of these areas would be advantageous.
- to have good team working and collaborative skills as we work open plan with solicitors from other teams, other departments and support staff both in Nottingham and across other offices.
- to put the client at the centre of the firm and for our lawyers to have a commercial approach in their work.
- we are looking for someone who wants to join our team to help our clients achieve their objectives.
- to provide a wide range of advice on property matters including advice to banks, property investors and developers.
Key skills and required competencies:
You will have the ability to:
- advocate and present orally when required
- conduct effective case and transaction management
- communicate concisely both verbally and in writing with colleagues and clients
- draft legal documents, advice notes and give legal advice that is clear and concise
- meet with and advise clients, helping them decide the best course of action
- identify the relevant legal issues applicable to a case or a transaction
- conduct negotiations where appropriate
- research relevant areas of law
- apply knowledge of commercial property and the conveyancing process particularly as applied to acquisitions, disposals and leases of non-residential land and buildings.
The ideal candidate would also have an interest in being involved in marketing activities including attending networking events and writing articles for professional journals.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.