Job Title: Solicitor (Approx.5 PQE)
Department: Clinical Negligence
Location: Southampton office
Hours: Working hours will be Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, however you will need to be flexible in working outside these hours as the team and business requires
We have an exciting opportunity for a Solicitor to join our clients Clinical Negligence team, to be based in their Southampton office.
This role would suit candidates with around 5 years PQE, with experience and knowledge of complex claimant Clinical Negligence cases.
You will assist senior colleagues and manage your own caseload efficiently and effectively, and have the ability to deal with clients in a sensitive and professional way, working well within a structured team environment.
- To manage and develop Clinical Negligence Caseload
- To participate in business development activities and be an effective ambassador of the firm
- To meet or exceed fee income targets and work profitably
- Deals safely and efficiently with personal caseload
- Creates business through marketing and raising the company profile
- Provides technical excellence in the provision of legal services to our clients
- Provides an efficient and effective service to external and internal clients
- Liaises with other legal services for the purposes of cross selling
- Retains and attracts clients through establishing a reputation for excellence
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Must have Claimant Clinical Negligence experience
- Must have a client focused approach to work
- Must be organised
- Must have good IT skills and experience of case management and be capable of identifying how IT can be used to improve productivity
- Effective communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to deal effectively with clients and provide a high level of service
- Team player
- Awareness of the entire range of services that the firm can offer
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://equal-opportunities/