Job Title: Sole Legal Counsel
Established manufacturing business that have multiple sites across the UK are looking to recruit for a brand-new position due to expansion. Working alongside the HR Director and HR Manager the postholder willbe responsible for providing high-quality legal support and advice to the business and individual teams across a broad spectrum of legal and commercial issues, and to represent the company where required in negotiations with customers, suppliers and other external bodies.
Salary of a Sole Legal Counsel
Competitive depending on experience plus benefits
Job Description of a Sole Legal Counsel
The postholder will communicate complex legal concepts to stakeholders within the business at all levels, develop contract templates and contract management/administration ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements as well as internal guidelines and draft, negotiate and review commercial contracts for customers, partners, suppliers, service providers and any other relevant stakeholders, in collaboration with other team leads.
Advise on a range of regulatory matters, including payments, banking, anti-money laundering and bribery. Keeping abreast of the regulatory framework in which the company operates and keep management and the relevant departments informed of upcoming issues which may impact the business.
Identify, prioritise and manage associated legal, contractual risks, or critical issues, so that legal risks are kept at a minimum and keeping up to date with legislative changes and case law and apply appropriately timely advice to departments to ensure advice on legal risk, regulation and mitigation is relevant and understood.
Take the lead on due diligence and legal frameworks of all acquisition and merger activity within the Group companies and liaise with and providing advice, guidance and training to the business on relevant legal issues such as intellectual property, GDPR, and advertising
Skills & experience of a Sole Legal Counsel
- Trained and qualified at a reputable UK law firm.
- At least 2 years post qualified experience, in a legal capacity in-house, in a commercial environment
- Manufacturing experience preferred but not essential
- Ability to interpret the law and apply it in the context of the commercial objectives of the business
- Hard working and proactive self-starter: well organised and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- European experience essential
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions preferred but not essentia
Why Should You Apply?
- With a competitive basic 25 days holidays, private healthcare, 4% employer pension contributions
- 2 days paid leave per year to volunteer at a charity of your choice
- Work for a business that are committed to employee's mental health and wellbeing
- Offer ongoing professional and personal development
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Manage
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'