Solar Technical Lead
One of the key areas of focus is to be the leading asset management technical interface with the companies joint ventures, ensure timely support and help develop capability in relevant functions across the Organisation group. You will also help define technology strategy, as well as deliver due diligence on new business development opportunities the Renewables Growth team are progressing.
Our Cliet is a Global Energy company who has committed to deliver 50 GWs of renewable energy by 2030. Solar is expected to play a pivotal role in delivering this ambition. The Solar Technical Lead role is an essential team member to ensure the effective delivery of solar projects within our solar joint venture or as part of the company portfolio.
- Lead the technical interface with joint ventures to drive operational and technical excellence in engineering design, construction, O&M and asset management
- Foster a culture of safety in operations through influencing our partners and driving key areas of improvement as well as performance management
- Drive enduring capability / transfer of skills in renewable energy by working with key stakeholders across the organisation and becoming the point of reference for solar technical capabilities
- Provide technical expertise and assurance to the current portfolio including interface with any third party service providers and management of the key construction and operations contracts
- Provide technical views on new investment opportunities. Lead technical due diligence of any new investment opportunities and provide key economic modelling input through ownership of the technical and operational assumptions
- Lead technical risk management process including definition, performance management and mitigations of any risks identified
- Help define and support implementation of any low carbon energy technology strategy involving solar, working together with business development, new ventures, the strategy team and any other relevant areas to make investment decisions as technology evolves
- Drive technical support of integrated opportunities across company, including but not only limited to green hydrogen, storage solutions.
- Build process to systematically capture do-learn-do cycle insights to drive standardisation and efficiency, sharing learnings with relevant teams as appropriate
- Degree level or equivalent in engineering/technical discipline as well as solid technical understanding and relevant extensive experience in renewable projects
- Proven track record of driving operational efficiency in solar projects in a leadership position
- Strong expertise in providing technical assessment / feasibility of new solar projects as well as knowledge of applicable regulation, procurement models and pricing structures for projects
- Extensive understanding of solar technology offering and integration into other technologies such as storage and green hydrogen
- Experience at setting and/or influencing performance targets and managing performance against these targets, influencing and intervening as needed to ensure they are met.
- Experience with construction contracts, operations and maintenance agreements and operational criteria of any potential financing documentation
- Strong networking, communication, relationship building and influencing skills demonstrated across a range of teams, stakeholders and with senior leadership.
- Technical experience in electrical infrastructure interfaces. Onshore wind experience will be a plus
Excellent Salary + Bonus + Benefits Package
- Asset Manager
- Onshore Wind
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'