My client based in Winchester are recruiting for a Software Tester to join a respected supplier of internet based transaction systems to the financial services industry.
It will involve working throughout the full testing lifecycle commencing with the evaluation of documentation where available, creation of manual test scripts, through to test execution and appropriate reporting.
Technically, the candidate will have experience of both front end web testing and back end interrogation of SQL databases to obtain log information as well as the ability to invoke stored procedures and investigate any errors that may occur prior to logging defects for developers.
As you will be working within a team environment, your communication skills, both written and verbal, must be very strong. Ideally you will have at least two years’ experience in software related quality assurance and it would be beneficial for you to have worked in a web based environment previously.
Any experience with test automation would be a bonus, as would any existing ISEB certifications that you may have.
Our testers frequently work independently as well as part of a team, so the candidate must be strongly self-motivated with a driven mind-set, keen to take ownership of issues and see them through to completion.
- Minimum of two years’ experience of working within a process driven QA environment
- Web testing experience
- Experience of writing and executing test scripts
- Experience of recording and managing defects
- Ability to work to stringent deadlines
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to multi task and switch focus at short notice
- Excellent communication - verbal and written
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- Automated Testing experience
- Financial Market knowledge
- Experience of working with JIRA
- Basic SQL Server experience
- Salary £21 to £23k depending on experience and skills
- Annual Leave - 25 days per annum plus BHs
- Personal Pension after 3 months with employer matching contributions up to 5%
- Private Health insurance after 6 months
- Working hours - 35 hrs, with flexible working hrs available
- Childcare vouchers
This is a full-time permanent position based in central Winchester.
- Web Testing
- Software Testing Life Cycle
- Test Scripts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'