Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Software Tester to join their team based in Solihull on a full time, permanent basis. You will be on a competitive salary of £32,000 - £36,000 per annum.
Their vision is clear: they want to change people’s digital experience in a connected world. They believe in Exceptional People, Superior Service and Commercial Innovation. They’ve created a driven, no-nonsense, agile culture that moves faster than you imagine. And every one of them stands for honesty, for hard work, and, well… for getting on with the job. So, when it comes to achieving their vision, they’re naturally hardwired to do it.
What will you be doing as their Software Tester?
The main responsibility will be ensuring that all developments are tested.
As a systems tester, your role will design and maintain test plans, have good knowledge of software test design and test execution methodologies. They will need sound analytical skills and the ability to provide accurate, detailed and objective feedback to the internal development teams.
The role will also require the tester to work with the business to develop and execute UAT plans and provide technical expertise where required.
Key Responsibilities as their Software Tester:
- Writing and developing manual test scripts to ensure intended requirements are met
- Execution of manual test scripts
- Clear/effective documentation of test results
- Documentation and prioritisation of system/software defects
- Ability to provide test work estimates
- Provide regular test updates in scrum meetings
- Communication and updates to key stakeholders
- Unit testing
- System testing
- System Integration testing
- Regression testing
- Support to the wider business in developing UAT plans
- User Acceptance testing
What is needed in order to be able to become their Software Tester?
- Experience in both hardware and software asset and configuration management as well as knowledge of IT service management processes
- Familiar with any of the following: discovery products including Microsoft SCCM, BMC Software Asset Management; reconciliation of discovery data in BMC CMDB environment; and integration of discovery solutions with CMDB or a similar industry solution
- Knowledge of MS SQL, query-writing, reporting tools (i.e.: Crystal Reports, BIRT, or a similar industry solution) relational databases
- Candidates must have excellent organisational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Evidenced professional testing expertise and a structured approach to test practice gained through substantial experience of working within a similar role for a minimum of 2 years
- Proven experience of software development testing
As their Software Tester you will receive the below benefits:
- 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Software Tester then please click ‘apply’ now! They would love to hear from you!