We are looking for a Software Tester to join a great team in our established IT Department.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to become part of a growing company, driven by a values-based approach of being Fair, Approachable, Responsible & Progressive.
The ideal candidate will have a pragmatic approach to testing andproven ability in gathering, analysing, reporting and monitoring defects.
The role will include work across the full software development lifecycle, liaising and interacting with Software Development, Business Analysts, Project Managers and our Business Change Teams.
If you have excellent problem-solving skills, can work under pressure, and have a passion for technology, this may be the role for you.
What you'll be expected to do in the role:
- Liaise with Project Team to define and confirm test coverage of functional and regression requirements
- Prepare Test Plan and write test scripts, and upload to test system
- Run and execute functional and regression tests
- Defect investigation and logging where expected outcomes are different from actual
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of core systems and processes, and how those systems and processes interact (end-to-end testing)
- Ensure that testing is compliant with test and business standards
- Collaborate with other business functions / UAT testers during test cycle
- Support Project Manager in gathering testing requirement when necessary
- Support Development Team in clarifying test requirement and defect raised
What we're looking for from you:
- Diploma/ Degree in a business or technology discipline
- Proven experience of writing and executing test plans and test cases
- Familiar with content management and web services technologies
- Experience in both functional and regression test, with solid track record in software testing environment
- Good understanding of testing methodologies and testing techniques (TSF and Test Manager preferred)
- Previous experience with solid testing experiences preferred
- Experience with XHTML, XML, C#, SQL and related web technologies is desired
- Financial Services experience preferred
- Automated testing experience would be advantageous
Reasons to join the Moneybarn team
Ensuring we have a dedicated team is essential to our success, and we’ve worked hard to create a friendly working environment, which allows individuals to share ideas and deliver positive outcomes.
We want all employees to be able to fulfil their potential and excel in their role, so we invest heavily in training and development throughout the business. This approach enables us to nurture talent, and provide the very best outcomes for both our customers and the business.
The wellbeing of our team is incredibly important and we offer a gym, qualified instructors, keep-fit classes, Barney Bikes and regular fruit deliveries for employees to enjoy. We also run a range of regular in-house events and activities to promote interaction and communication within the company.
Are you enthusiastic about this Software Tester role or keen to get some more information? Send us your CV and a cover letter today by clicking on the Apply button!
Please note that Moneybarn carry out both Financial Checks and Criminal Record Bureau Checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles.
Moneybarn is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Moneybarn to showcase our business as leaders in this field.
Moneybarn will retain your CV for 6 months after your application.
Please note if you do not hear from us within 7 days of your application you have been unsuccessful. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to provide feedback to everyone.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job