Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Salary: up to £35,000 DOE + excellent benefits including 25 days leave + 8 bank holidays, pension, free parking, training and development etc.
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: PH9599
My client are seeking a QA who has worked closely with Software Engineers, not someone who has been isolated within a testing team.
Unified communications experience is of distinct advantage
Experience with application, database, cloud technologies is desired also
Team Set Up
QA Engineer who is the Team Lead
6 Software Engineers
1 DevOps Engineer
1 Software Solutions Co-ordinator
To work as party of an integral party of a small, agile product team. You will be involved in product releases from planning and design through to release and will work with Product Managers, Software Engineers and business stakeholders to create and extend the innovative products this company’s customers know them for.
You will be provided with the required tools for you to learn, including MSDN licenses, Pluralsight access and time off to attend events to support your growth.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Work with QA Engineers and Software Engineers within an agile environment
- Undertake all roles required as a part of an agile development team including test design, test execution and test result interpretation in line with business needs and priorities
- Concentrate on business requirements, ensuring that examples of desired behaviours and misbehaviours are captured early, and hidden assumptions are discovered
- Performing exploratory testing
- Creating test scenarios and executing manual test runs
- Documenting and reporting defects and analysing their root cause
- Reporting upon completion of testing and authorising releases
- Using concepts such as risk-based testing to ensure you focus on the right tasks
- Take a proactive, constructive and positive approach towards challenges when they arise
- Look out for new testing techniques and use them when they fit
- Apply Agile values, principles and practices within estimates
- Using business analyses techniques to collaboratively deliver high-value products - e.g. Example Mapping, Flow Diagram, "7 Product Dimensions" approach to discover all product aspects that encompass functional and non-functional dimensions of any product
- Continually be looking to improve your expertise, domain knowledge and skills
- Share knowledge with the team and provide mentorship to increase efficiency and improve standards within the team
- Show a commitment to ongoing professional development through self-learning, professional training, attending conferences etc.
- Track record in agile testing using the appropriate tools
- Must have worked closely with a software development team, not a separate testing team
- Understanding of testing principles and practices
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with application, database and cloud technologies and how they support specific business functions and provide commercial benefits
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and why they are important
- Ability to estimate effort for the completion of User Stories
Wilde Associates is working in the capacity of an employment agency in respect of this role
- Manual Testing
- Test Design
- Agile Environment
- Test Scenarios
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'