An electronics business in Huddersfield, whose devices are increasingly being supported with IoT and Cloud based technology require a Software Test Engineer to carry out End-to-End testing and validation of their products.
Due to the increased amount of software the company now develop they have decided to create a position for a Software Test Engineer (at present the Software Developers test their own code).
This role will give you opportunity to take full ownership of the software testing in the company, with you having opportunity to carrying out the testing how you see fit.
With you carrying out End-to-End testing of their products, this will mean testing embedded software, middleware, front and back end application software, and software that connects to the Cloud.
If you have experience testing electronic/ embedded software devices that collects and sends data to the Cloud and presents results on a pc or web application this would be highly desirable.
In this role you will have opportunity to create Manual or Automated tests. It would be desirable to Automate as much of the testing as possible. However a good Manual Tester who has the relevant End-to-End product testing experience will be considered.
With you being the first Software Test Engineer in the company, this can provide excellent career opportunity. If the amount of software the company continues to increase, then it will be likely further software test engineers will be hired. This will provide you the opportunity to be a Team Leader/ Head of Test if you desired.
- End-to-End Software testing experience
- Manual and Automated Software Testing experience (if you do just Manual or Automated testing, but have the relevant product testing experience this will be considered)
- Experience testing a range of software (e.g. embedded software, middleware, front and back end application software, software that connects to the Cloud)
- Comfortable taking ownership and responsibility of the companies Software Testing
- Comfortable working closely with Software Developers (this will be a mixture of internal and external developers)
- Experienced creating Test Strategies, Test Specifications, Test Plans, Test Cases
- Any Automated Scripting languages will be considered (e.g Python). It is your choice what automated scripting language to use
The company is easily accessible by Car or Train.
To discuss this role in further detail please contact Chris Oddy or Andrew Knight at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions Ltd.
- software testing
- software test
- automated test
- test analyst
- manual test
- embedded software test
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'