Automation Experts Ltd – www.automationexperts.co.uk
Immediate Job Opportunity
Software Technical Lead
Ref SC 20330
Leading R&D business within automation seeks a skilled Project Engineer to take the Technical Lead for their Software division specifically for PC Tools.
The Software Lead will provide technical leadership and planning for a software team developing PC Tools for automation products. As leader, the candidate will be required to specify and clarify product requirements as well as ensure quality is delivered. Hands on development will also be required as well as mentoring of junior team members.
Primary Responsibilities of Position
- Write and maintain functional requirement specifications by interpreting and analysing user requirements
- Develop system designs and architectures that team members and third parties may implement
- Develop software needed to integrate the elements of the specified design
- Act as the primary technical interface with 3rd party software suppliers in order to support their developments, and to integrate and test the resulting deliverables
- Lead the development of test strategies and plans
- Lead and take part in design and code reviews.
- Ideally 5 years' experience using C#/ C++, including experience of communications drivers and user interfaces with WPF and Windows Forms
- Ability to lead the planning, organisation and prioritisation of work in a small team/project
- Experience of leading the delivery and integration of 3rd party software
- Experience of using structured design methodologies such as UML
- Experience of scripting languages such as Python
- Willingness to travel (typically within Europe) for occasional technical meetings or training
- Experience of industrial automation equipment would be beneficial
Relocation support is available, Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits package, They can offer full development including Chartered Engineer status
For further information call Sarah Clarke on . Alternatively, email a copy of your current CV to quoting the above reference number.
Located in Wales, this role is commutable from within and around the following areas: Shrewsbury, Welshpool & Newtown.
Looking for a job involved with maintenance, service or design for automated machinery, control systems, process control solutions or systems integration projects? Register your details on our website where you will find a full list of live positions where a customised automated search process allows immediate access to new vacancies as they are registered. Free, confidential service.
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK - Automation Experts are unable to assist with the award of Visas or UK Work Permits.
As a registered engineer, you are automatically a member of our 'Referral Scheme' thereby receiving £500.00 (tax free) for Engineers that you recommend to us that we place in permanent employment.
Automation Experts offer recruitment services on a contract and permanent basis; We support many of the leading companies throughout the UK.
Thank you for your interest, if your experience is suitable for this position, please call the advising Consultant ASAP. NB. We cannot guarantee a response to every application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'