Role: Software Systems Support & Development Engineer
This role is a rare opportunity for someone with established software systems support skills and
with some experience and/or demonstrable knowledge i.e. Studied at University of developing
Business Intelligence (BI) Processes/Reports/Data Warehousing/SSRS/SSIS etc. to progress
form a support into the development arena.
- You would be responsible for the administration, support and systems development of organisations core Business applications, (Asset Management, Housing and Repairs & Maintenance), including their operating platforms - SQL, Oracle, MySQL (& Progress).
- To (further) develop systems integration, data interfacing and business intelligence reporting to streamline and improve business processes.
- Also plays a leading role in the provision of an effective and efficient ICT support service.
- Knowledge of system housekeeping needs for large scale MI systems.
- Experience of change control issues
- Ability to express views clearly and logically both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to handle a diverse workload and operate to deadlines.
- Knowledge and demonstrable practical experience of at least some of the following:
- Software development tools, i.e. Web API, .Net
- SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Progress Database Administration
- Data Warehousing, SSRS/SSIS, Data Manipulation, Batch Processing
- MS Windows Server suites
- MS Windows desktop operating systems, MS AD, MS Exchange 2010
- Experience of technical support of the IT function including system integration.
- Ability to produce relevant documentation and procedures
- Understanding and interpretation of legislative requirements and impact on organisational responsibilities to ensure accurate and up to date capture of information
- Maintains a professional awareness of the latest technologies and their potential implementation within the organisation.
- Experience of delivering a high-quality customer focused fault determination and fixing service
If you are interested in being considered for this role please send me your up to date CV detailing
relevant experience for the role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job