A Systems Software Engineer is required for our client based at their impressive facility just outside the city of Oxford.
The company focus is in developing new and innovative techniques in order to fulfil the manufacturing needs of their customers. This is done using Micro Laser Ablation and functional materials deposition techniques. Working at micron-scale precision, we serve a variety of manufacturing industries, mainly in the high end electronics and solar environments.
The company’s UK headquarters are based in Oxford and this is where all major process research and development activities are carried out as well as Engineering Design. As an equipment manufacturer and integrator, our client provide complete engineered solutions for large scale production, pilot trials and R&D applications.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate who is looking to practicably apply their software skills in developing system control software. Is determined and dedicated to drive, develop, test, evaluate and when applicable, invent new innovative control systems to overcome challenging problems. For this role we are seeking a great communicator who is able to convey complex ideas successfully and also have a hands-on approach to working.
Duties and responsibilities will include
- Develop and maintain company software products
- Assist in the development of the company portfolio of developed sub-systems and software solutions
- Help in executing our development roadmap for new subsystems that aligns with the company and departmental objectives and with emerging technology trends
- Take responsibility for achieving end user acceptance of any work undertaken
- Share responsibility on the commissioning, training and support of all sub- systems, on all systems technologies, with specialist support expected for system control software
- Participate in the supplier qualification process
- Document all work clearly and thoroughly
- Occasional overseas travel to liaise with clients and suppliers on sales and service activities
Ideally we are seeking a candidate with the following Skills, Experiences and Attributes
- Object Orientated Programming
- Functional Programming (preferably with experience using a functional language such as F#)
- Experience using Distributed Version control systems such as Git or Mercurial Hg
- Some experience in user interface design in consultation with end user requirements
- Highly proficient in applied mathematics
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Superb problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic to increase knowledge and develop new skills
- The ability to adapt to changing priorities and work within a fast moving and dynamic environment
Any of the following skills would also be of huge benefit
- Writing control software for electro-mechanical systems
- Writing Windows based applications using C# and WPF/UWP with an MVVM based architecture
- Knowledge of and ability to integrate industrial control systems (motion control, PLC etc.)
- An understanding of electrical systems and an ability to comprehend wiring diagrams
- Familiarity in CAD/CAM software and the ability to work with CAD file formats such as DXF
- Previous experience within laser machining and/or inkjet printing equipment in industrial or scientific environments
To apply for this interesting opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to Gemma Turp.
Due to the high volume of CV’s we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!
- System Control
- Applied Mathematics
- User Interface Design