Want to become an IT Support Hero? Passionate about IT?
Our Client is a leading developer of batch and real time data cleansing software solutions. Their speciality is highly effective fuzzy and phonetic matching, which our customers utilize for record linking and merging.
They’re looking for an apprentice to join their customer base which includes some of the biggest financial and marketing services firms in the UK and US. It’s possible that once your training is over, you may have the opportunity to travel and work in our US office should have appeal to you and if you have gained sufficient experience.
- Dealing with inquiries from customers and prospective customers efficiently, answering standard queries, passing others to second level support and monitoring progress.
- Following up to ensure resolution achieved.
- Daily and monthly routine tasks such as incorporating updates to reference data files.
- Assist with software testing as required, to help with the product release life cycle.
- Using our software to run ad hoc bureau jobs for customers.
- Potential for consultancy work (depending upon capability to pick up the products) using SQL Server SSIS packages to help our customers implement our software.
- Assisting maintenance of internal IT systems and infrastructure.
To be a Software Support Technician Apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with 5 GCSEs (ideally A* - C) including Maths and English.
This company are looking for someone with these skills and personal qualities.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of self-motivation
- Team work skills
- Organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- High proficiency in English; both spoken and written
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Mature, calm person
- Self-starter with proactive and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Customer facing work experience an advantage.
Sound like you? Then send us an application and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other Apprenticeships we have available.
This 14-month Apprenticeship has a salary of £10,000 per year. You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications.
Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of £52,500 per year, so this Apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career.
AFTER THE APPRENTICESHIP
Over 90% of our Apprentices move on to permanent full time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level Apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an Apprenticeship.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Apply now to Just IT and we will review your application. If you are suitable for an Apprenticeship we will be in contact to discuss this opportunity.
- Oral Communication
- Organisational Skills
- Ready to Learn
- Written Communication
- Positive Personality