Do you enjoy solving live problems, keeping businesses running smoothly, and building great relationships with people?
A Software Support Engineer with 5 years+ tech industry experience is needed by our client, a thriving software development company based in Bristol. Their outstanding team plan, build and support high quality software for technically ambitious clients.
They are looking for someone with the right skills and experience to join their in-house support team.
About the Role
- Leading a number of client accounts
- Investigating customer issues and identifying the best course for resolution
- Proactively liaising with customers
- Making routine code, infrastructure and database changes to keep customer software running
- Delegating more complex fixes to developers and delivering these back to the customer
- Working closely with the support team
- Managing customer relationships so they remain a trusted partner
- Providing occasional out-of-hours support at additional pay (agreed on an ad hoc basis)
- 5+ years' experience working with technology (experience in a support role a bonus!)
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Interest in building relationships with clients & team members
- Highly organised
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise when under pressure
- Confident in working with databases & an understanding of coding principles
- Understanding of web & desktop applications across the full stack
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Focus on quality and accuracy
- Willingness to learn - a positive, can-do attitude, and good team player
- Knowledge of ITIL methodologies
- Experience with any of C#
- Asp.Net Web Forms, Windows Forms, PHP
- Experience with Git, or other version control software
- IIS experience
- Azure experience
- Basic salary of £33,000 to £45,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Total package of £38,000 to £55,000+ per year (including 9% non-contributory pension and profit share/bonus)
- Childcare Vouchers, Payroll Giving & Cycle to Work scheme
- Highly relaxed, friendly work environment (free food, drink and a large chillout room!)
- Full programme of funded social activities both during and outside office hours, including a weekend conference abroad each year
- Time for training and self-improvement.
- Highly motivated & supportive team members!
They search hard to find that special person who will be the right fit for the team and encourage a healthy work-life balance - they were recently judged Bristol's happiest small workplace!
If this role sounds of interest, click on the APPLY button now.
- Software Support Engineer