Application & Software Support Engineer (Graduate / 1-2 years’ experience)
£DOE Basic Salary + Training + Very Competitive Package (Inc. Bonus)
My client is one of the world’s leading specialists in drive and control technologies. They create tailor-made solutions for driving, controlling and moving systems within many varied application across production equipment, factory automation solutions and mobile plant and machines. Our products are manufactured globally. However, application and customer support teams are provided on a local and specific country aligned level.
Our customer’s future will involve more software based solutions and consequently we are now looking to add to the small UK based software and application support team that specifically supports our major UK based mobile machine producers. Our goal is to increase service in this buoyant sector and at the same time reinforce links between the customer and our major production sites.
Acquisition and project development lengths in this industry vary greatly and can be up to 3 years.
Consequently, your tasks could be varied in such a support function. However, we would expect a bias towards:
- Model-based specification
- Design and application of functions
- Software production for new solutions
- Development of safety-relevant functional elements
- Impact analysis of functional change requests
- Creation of sales and project relevant project documents
- Project and process management.
During the first two years of your employment your development and training will be fully support by UK based associates/ experts and additional placements at our plants in Germany.
- Degree level Engineer - Mechanical Engineering, electrical engineering, vehicle technology or comparable field of study experience in the areas of control engineering, simulation, software development of systems with functional safety requirements - Ideally desirable in the automotive or off road environment.
- German speaking would be highly beneficial but not a prerequisite.
Extensive training in the range of company products will be given
On offer to the successful candidate is the ability to work for a true market leader in their field, with a fantastic financial package, with a great opportunity to progress your career.