Software Support Analyst - (Language Packaging)
- Role: Software Support Analyst - (Language Packaging)
- Salary: up to £40k + 5% Bonus + Private Health etc
- Location: Worcester
Company & Role Overview
I’ve spoken to the hiring manager and the requirement is for a highly Technical Software Project Support Analyst who is able to work with software developers able to organise the delivery of language packs in German, Japanese and other languages.
The day-to-day role will involve you creating packages of artefacts to be sent to a translation team, and on their return build and perform limited testing on the resulting language packs. The language packs include user interface and online help elements. This is not a development role but will require close liaison with developers and translators. Being comfortable with IT is essential and an appreciation of foreign languages, particularly German or Japanesewould be an asset.
They company is subsidiary of a larger parent organisation and this small hub is now being seen as the future of the company so a huge amount of investment is going in now so that they are well ahead of in their market and remain dominant. They have some great ideas of how to innovate, they have the ideas but they now need a strong team to help they make them a reality.
The company has been very successful and are in a considerable growth phase whereby they are almost doubling the size of the UK team - from 35 people to 60.
There would be a few week-long international paid trips to company sites - so someone who is comfortable with air travel and staying away for 1-2 week periods is essential.
Skills / experience:
This role is the first of its kind in the business so are flexible in what would constitute an ideal candidate from a technical perspective but there are a few things that would lend themselves well to this role, they include:
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
- A good level of IT literacy, for example, competency in working with Microsoft Windows operating systems (for example Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server, etc.)
- Ability to organize work under pressure from deadlines
- Competence in scheduling and setting priorities
- Experience of organising localisation projects for user documentation
- XML and or HTML awareness
- Awareness of globalisation and localisation processes would be an advantage
- German or Japanese language skills would also be an asset
- Some knowledge of engineering, or a degree or equivalent qualification in a related subject, such as engineering, a foreign language or translation would be an advantage
- Experience of configuration management, change management and defect tracking tools within software development processes would be an advantage
- Up to £40k
- up to 5% bonus
- 7% pension contribution
- Personal Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- BUPA Cash Plan
- Childcare vouchers (via salary sacrifice)
If you feel you’d be a good match for the role, please apply now. If you would like to find out more, please feel free to get in touch.
Rebel Recruiters is an equal opportunities employer
- Configuration Management
- Foreign Languages
- IT literacy