Reporting to the Automation Lead, the Software Specialist will work on a wide range of process control systems within the manufacturing operations. This will be a hands-on role focusing on continuous improvement supporting the other Engineering and Operations Teams. The role will also support the design and specification aspects on new capital projects, process improvement or the re-engineering of existing systems. They will at times work on self-managed projects as well as being a key technical software representative on large engineering project teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Electrical / Mechanical Engineers to service & fault find on existing systems
- Interfacing Analog, Digital sensors and vision systems
- Modify and maintain the software ensuring version control of the current production installed software to GAMP and CFR guidance
- Design of controls systems hardware and software modifications
- Perform Software reviews of all new systems arriving on site
- Data collection and machine reporting of system metrics, Performance, Availability Quality and OEE.
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical faults
- Comply with EH&S /GMP/GDP Company and corporate policies and external regulatory requirements.
- Electrical engineering qualification
- Working experience with Allen Bradley/Siemens S7 systems
- Programming of PLC / Touch Screen / HMI / Network and Scada connections
- Working experience with interfacing Robotics control systems for Scara, Cartesian, 6 axis and Flex Picker
- Preferred system experience for Stäubli and ABB systems
- Person with a strong work ethic and able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
- Uncompromising commitment to Quality
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Committed and supportive team player
- Accurate worker who enjoys getting the details right
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'