Our client, an award-winning online stock market research service, is looking for a full-time Software Project Manager to join their team at their Oxford HQ. This is a demanding role taking over a range of responsibilities from the CEO. To succeed you'll need to be someone that loves to turn product ideas into a sound, executable plan, and have the tenacity to coordinate a team to deliver them from start to finish. You'll need to be skilled at getting the best out of people and leave no stone untouched to ensure plans are deliverable and delivered. If you can tally these skills with a clear and tangible interest in investment you'll be absolutely perfect for the role.
You'll be expected to deliver our web and mobile application development projects within quality, time and budget requirements. Early goals include the delivery of a new multi-platform Angular based application and to co-ordinate their new Data Architecture into production. They expect you to be an experienced Project Manager, ideally from a software engineering or agency background, with an in-depth understanding of modern technology. You should be methodical, have excellent time & people management skills and have a deep understanding of the pros and cons of Agile methods.
- Define project scope requirements and prepare budgets.
- Develop accurate and detailed project plans and monitor progress.
- Collaborate with internal teams to design, develop and implement software projects.
- Communicate with the team and ensure all members are on board with delegated tasks.
- Provide end-to-end Agile project management (Kanban & Scrum).
- Deliver projects on time ensuring quality standards are met.
- Highlight potential risks and act proactively to resolve issues.
- Work collaboratively with the entire team, providing support, sharing knowledge and learnings and helping the business to further improve its operations.
- A proven track record of delivering digital/software products successfully in a team based environment.
- Strong technical background with an ability to communicate effectively between developers and business stakeholders.
- BA/BSc in Engineering, Computer Science or other scientific/technical discipline (preferred).
- Agile experience, 5 years+, preferably within an agency or software development environment.
- Certified Scrum Master (preferred).
- Ability to prioritize and focus, with strict attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and team management skills.
- Possess the authority and ability to win credibility externally and internally within the team.