Job; Software Product Manager - Milton Keynes & Remote
This software solutions company was founded in 2004 and are market leaders in providing specialist solutions around the governance, audit, asset tracking and competence of specialist police training and operations. Their cloud-based platform offering is the industry standard across the UK’s police forces for specialist occupational and operational databases, and asset management solutions.
Over the past several years they’ve built out a platform to support all 43 Home Office Police Forces and 5 National Law Enforcement agencies. This is in production today and they’re now starting to build out the next version,
As their Product Manager you will be working on product strategy, development and delivery for their platform with their existing product and engineering teams.
- Collaborate/work with business stakeholders on product definition and building out the product roadmap,
- Work with customers to understand their needs and pain-points developing solutions to address these,
- Execute product roadmap, developing and delivering product features with engineering leads,
- Manage and prioritise backlog for product,
- Work with marketing and sales function to understand the market,
- Plan project delivery with engineering leads and ensure product features are naturally complemented with the right system qualities (security, performance, robustness, reliability),
- Break down product features with engineering teams into epics, user stories and engineering tasks ensuring they are structured according to best practice (INVEST, AC, risks and assumptions),
- Work with designers to develop lo-fi and hi-fi prototypes carrying out usability testing,
- Take a data-driven approach to development with customers and engineers,
- Measure and monitor platform and features post development to understand success,
You’ll work closely with their executive & engineering teams to ensure success in every stage of the project. That will involve communicating effectively with customers and internal teams to ensure happiness, productivity and efficiency.
- Experience in a product position in a software company,
- Previous experience working in software companies developing software products,
- Able to travel to customer sites when needed,
Desirable (nice-to-have/bonus) Skills;
- Experience with pragmatic agile methodologies,
- Experience with cloud-based products,
- Previous development experience,
- Training or police background,
NB: due to the nature of the work and organisation, it is essential that the successful individual undergoes and passes a security vetting process to achieve the appropriate required security clearance.
- £’s; fully DoE up to approx. £55k (neg.) + benefits,
- Location; Milton Keynes (Shenley) with flexibility to occasionally work from home when required (after establishing yourself within the company). The role requires (fully expensed) travel to various police headquarters across the country so a flexible approach to traveling is required.
- Interested? Please send your (Word) CV,
- Not for you but you know someone suitable? - Profile 29 can pay a referral fee,
- Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'