Your new company
Hays IT is recruiting for an expanding health technology organisation in Cornwall. My client is one of the leading providers of clinical software in the UK, leading the way in electronic patient record sharing and collaboration across the healthcare sector. They create powerful health information systems that help medical professionals work as effectively as possible to improve patient care. They are looking to recruit a Software Manager to join the team in Cornwall.
Your new role
You will be leading and coaching a cross-functional team of over 30 individuals, both technically and in a managerial aspect. You should understand the required skills and capacity necessary to deliver a project pipeline while maintaining a continuous strategy of personal improvement. The successful Software Manager will be carrying out regular appraisals that recognises efforts and correct deficiencies with support of development plans. In addition, you will be maintaining and improving existing processes and will define, deploy and drive new sustainable processes throughout the development cycle. You'll be responsible for tailoring and implementing software development methodologies, standards and best practice while defining and measuring KPIs. With this role, you will be responsible for the project management of the production pipeline and you should be familiar with different development life cycles such as Waterfall, Agile or Rational Unified Process.
What you'll need to succeed
- Educated to a degree level in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar or able to demonstrate proven track or experience and equivalent skills.
- Proven experience in Software Management and Software team management.
- Strong background in project management.
- Good understanding of technologies C++ ,C#, .NET, SQL, PHP, WEB.
- Proven experience as a software developer.
What you'll get in return
- £42,000 - £51,000 per annum.
- Based in Cornwall.
- 28 Days annual leave (Inc. Bank Holidays) increasing to 33.
- Pension scheme.
- Health Care Plans.
- Salary sacrifice bicycle schemes.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this Software Manager role in Cornwall, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this Software Manager job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- software manager cornwall bodmin plymouth developer leadership it
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"