The Software and Infrastructure Project Manager is responsible for the management of software and infrastructure projects covering the whole life-cycle of the operations of the company. The management of such projects will include planning, monitoring, enforcement as well as documenting, reporting and generating required procedures & governance.
The post holder should have a broad understanding of technologies & business that provide them with the necessary knowledge and skills to leverage technology, processes and business change to support and enforce management and delivery of the organisation’s product catalogue in both a time and cost effective manner.
- Schedule factual project timelines and budgets and manage them to achieve delivery within targets or within minimum reasonable deviations.
- Maintain a continuous project status awareness and communicate it efficiently to stakeholders in the organization along with any early warnings of potential deviations to allow planning of corrective actions.
- Manage resources according to their efficiency and skillset in order to optimise their utilisation and availability highlighting performance issues to the department manager.
- Keep up to date with technologies that can improve the workflow of the organisation’s operations.
- Participate and help manage the creation of necessary procedures and governance in line with project deliverables.
- Take day to day operational decisions and have the criteria to promptly escalate them as needed.
- Cultivate and promote team culture and help on encouraging coaching at all levels of the team.
- To conduct project presentations and compile reports to people at all levels (including board level). To interpret, answer, and/or take forward any enquiry or query, in a responsive and caring manner in order to achieve a timely and satisfactory conclusion.
- To communicate with both in-house and third party representatives, to ensure that project delivery is not hindered.
- To establish trust that you are acting effectively and efficiently on behalf of the company by way of communication and liaison.
- To monitor and escalate unresolved development issues and milestones.
Knowledge and Skills
- Educated to university degree level in computer science, computer information systems, engineering or equivalent or being able to demonstrate knowledge acquired through experience.
- Experience of working across multi-divisional, cross-functional organizations.
- Knowledge and experience in business management and processes. Formal training would be desirable. APM, PMP or Prince 2 certification would be beneficial.
- Will have demonstrable software application management experience and be knowledgeable on full stack software development cycle.
- Will be able to identify and utilise the necessary skills and resources to achieve the agreed specifications within cost and timescales.
- Passion to improve existing methods and working practices of an organization.
- Excellent and versatile communicator who can liaise with technical experts as well as business stakeholders.
- You will ensure and provide continuous visibility of the project status to your managers by means of regular report generation and following paradigms within AGILE methodologies.
He/she should be a team player with excellent customer care and interpersonal skills who is articulate, self-motivated and possesses the ability to prioritise and deal with escalated queries.
Salary £25,000 - £39,000 dependent on experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job