Software Engineers (C#)
£30k-£55k (Depending on experience)Plus Incredible Benefits
The client dedicates Friday afternoons to personal development, community and innovation
Our client needs C# Software Engineers who want to create great products for Microsoft data professionals. They're open to fresh graduates, through to those with lots of experience under their belt. If you can show the right level of aptitude and approach, we're keen to hear from you. As a Software Engineer, you'll work within a small team of 4-6 software engineers and a Technical Lead, working on a specific project team. You'll also be supported by User Experience specialists, and coaches to help your team continuously improve their skills.
Every software engineer gets a desktop PC with multiple monitors, an SSD, plenty of RAM and an MSDN subscription.
The majority of code is written in C# using Visual Studio and ReSharper. They use GitHub to version our code and have a strong culture of peer code review. Many teams use NCrunch for automatically running unit tests as you type. They use TeamCity for continuous integration and have an automated LED dashboard to provide visual feedback on any failures. We're relentlessly trying to get faster feedback loops and invest heavily in faster automated tests.
They use open-source heavily and encourage contribution back to the community. We believe in transparency and display product information publicly including build status, test status, performance, sales and customer usage information. There is a healthy internal culture around learning and development with lightning talks, communities of practice, invited speakers and of course Down Tools Week.
What skills are needed as Software Engineer?
- Excellent skills in an object-oriented language, such as C#, Java, Ruby or Python (we primarily develop in C#)
- A bias toward simplicity and maintainability in the code you write and the products you build
- Quality is important to you. You believe in automated testing and the importance of peer code review
- You thrive in a highly collaborative team of software engineers
- You are enthusiastic about engaging with customers as necessary to create a great product / service
- You look to continuously improve your expertise, knowledge or skills
- You have experience working within an agile development team, with knowledge of practices such as TDD, BDD and continuous delivery
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job