Software Engineering Manager
Exciting new Permanent opportunity for a Software Engineering Manager based in Fareham.
Following a recent expansion, our global engineering client is currently looking to expand their team in Fareham with an experienced Software Engineering Manager Specialising in extreme environment components and sub systems for aerospace, defence and energy markets across the country.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be able to:
* Lead a growing team of 10 software engineers based in Fareham and Coventry and supported by an offshore verification team
* Plan, estimate and track on-going software projects, identifying issues, risks and opportunities and developing and reporting key metrics
* Manage the expectations of key project stakeholders (business leaders and project managers)
* Work closely with the California-based headquarters of the central software engineering team to share domain knowledge and lessons learned and balance software project resourcing
* Ensure the team is correctly resourced to meet the demand of current and future software projects
* Manage the allocation of the team's budget and delivery against agreed commitments
* Manage the relationship with the offshore verification team, developing statements of work and ensuring delivery to cost and schedule
* Travel, on occasion, to customers, suppliers and other central software engineering offices
Key skills and competencies required:
o Ideally Master's degree in an engineering or science discipline or related field
o Mandatory Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science discipline or related field
* Experience in project and people management, ideally with a project management certification
* A background in embedded electronics or software for the aerospace market
* DO-178 experience relating to software development
* Understanding of product development lifecycle and associated requirements, delivery performance, cost and schedule
* Knowledge of aircraft systems and the operational environment in which aircraft operate
* Agile, pro-active, autonomous and self-motivated with good problem solving experience and decision making ability
* Positive attitude with ability to work within multifunction teams on rapidly moving projects
* Helpful and assistive approach to resolution of technical challenges and supportive of change
* Good core IT skills (Windows, Office, Project, Visio, etc.)
* Good communicator (presentation, written and verbal) with the ability to explain technical concepts and understand concepts from other engineering domains
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and
commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.
To see our full list of current vacancies, training courses, latest news or to find out any further information about Aeropeople please call the Recruitment team on or visit our website www.aeropeople.com