As a Software Engineer for Internal Tools, you’ll quickly dive into the codebase of our core internal claims management system and help adapt the system to the changing needs of the business. You’ll be supported by an existing development team of three who will help you get running, and you will be expected to work closely with the operations team and to make decisions on design and implement tools that will increase their productivity. We’ll encourage and support you're learning and development, be it through developer conferences, online courses, external coaching or whatever you decide is right for you.
- Write the code for a selected feature request, make a pull request for your code and deploy it
- Talk to a colleague about their recently submitted feature request, work out if the solution presented is the most optimal and effective solution for their problems, then implement and deploy a solution
- Receive a bug report marked as critical and the tool has been failing since the last commit, you fix the bug right away
- Define SQL queries to help the team build reports and identify their work blockers
- Help a non-technical colleague understand the technologies in one of our clients' technical claims
- You’re enthusiastic and able to work autonomously
- You know how to deploy to Linux (Shell scripting, Git, etc are all a plus)
- You have independently developed and taken solutions from concept to deployment
- You’re motivated and willing to learn about and contribute to the wider business
We believe that people should be rewarded fairly for the work they do. At GrantTree there is no secrecy over salaries and the way we work them out. For this role, your salary is likely to lie between £35-50k depending on experience.
Aside from money, we offer a place where you can be yourself and engage in empowered, purposeful work. We want you to develop your skills and fulfil your potential. We have a flexible approach to working, and while we encourage you to spend some time in the office initially and from time to time, in general you can work remotely as often as you like. Our office is in the heart of the tech community, near Old Street, and has a fab roof terrace.
Other benefits include:
- Up to 6 weeks of holiday per year
- 100% flexible and remote working policy
- £2,000 yearly training budget
- Pension scheme via The People’s Pension
- Phone expenses policy
- Company SIP share scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly "lunch force" allowance
- Monthly company picnics
- Quarterly wellness days and quarterly fun days
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'