About the Software Engineer role:
This opportunity will allow you to manage a new software division in the company aiming to expand their software portfolio. The Software Engineer role requires development of our clients own inspection software package as well as integration of other companies’ packages with testing and debugging. A new software dashboard design is also needed. They require a creative developer who can bring in new ideas.
This is a superb opportunity to join an established, forward thinking, technology company in the oil and gas industry, meaning the successful candidate will have the opportunity to play an integral role in the development of new products.
Technical Specifications required for the Software Engineer role:
- Creating and working from design specifications
- Planning of software development timescales
- Development and improvement of new and existing software solutions
- Testing and debugging of software applications
- Supporting external customers and systems
- Integrating external systems
Skills required for the Software Engineer role:
- Experience of standard programming codes
- Knowledge of LabView
- Good knowledge of hardware/software level interfacing
- Implementation of communication protocols (TCP/IP, serial communication, OPC etc.)
- Good analytical and development skills
- Strong time management skills
- Work independently (small team)
- Work to deadlines and respond effectively to customer requests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface with customers
- Good working knowledge of PCs and Windows Operating Systems
- Work as an individual and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Qualifications required for the Software Engineer role:
- Degree qualified in an Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or another similar based discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of Software Engineering.
- Due to location, it is essential that you have access to your own vehicle.
If you feel you meet the criteria for this Software Engineer role then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"