Due to business growth an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Software Engineer to join my clients successful Development team building APIs and microservices for the DCG digital platform. Reporting to the Technical Lead, you will be passionate about technology and for ensuring that the delivered solution is of the highest quality. You will be working across the entire SDLC, contributing to the design and deployment of the solution as well as to its development. You will also be expected to establish and maintain strong relationships with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, Test Engineers and where required, 3rd Parties.
- Ensure all code is of a high quality and can be easily maintained
- Participate in the design of software solutions, including applications design, database design, data-flows and detailed technical design
- Produce accurate and unambiguous functional and technical documentation of products, systems and services prior to and during development where required
- Actively participate in the definition of scope of projects and estimates of timescales for development and operational/technical evolution work
- Help in the identification of issues, risks and dependencies pertaining to testing
- Develop using primarily agile development techniques such as SCRUM, Kanban and eXtreme Programming (XP)e quality of processes and deliverables
- Ensure compliance at all times with company information and security policies in line with the ISO 27001 standard and GDPR standard BS10012.
Core Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years commercial experience in a software engineering role
- Database design
- RESTful web services
- Pair Programming
- Design Patterns
- Object Orientated Design
- Scrum Additional Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will be creative and ambitious individual who is able to collaborate effectively across different business teams as well as being able to work on their own. They will have at least 2 years commercial experience as a software engineer and have a firm grasp of current technologies and development paradigms.
Software Engineer Salary: - negotiable depending on experience
Hours: Monday - Thursday 8.30am-5.30pm and Friday 8.30am - 5pm (flexibility available)
If you fit the above then please email your up to date CV with relevant experience
and we will be back in touch with you immediately if you are successful.
If you haven’t heard from us within 3 working days, unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
Gibson Chadwick acting as an Employment Agency.