Our client is a well-established manufacturing company who are looking to recruit a permanent Software Engineer to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual looking to secure a role working within a modern organisation and facility.
- This role requires a self-motivated software Engineer with excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills and a knowledge and interest in Software Engineering.
- This position is a supporting role within the factory working in the Engineering Department.
- The role involves the maintenance and development of the production testing software used in the manufacture of client products.
- Writing programmes used in the testing of our client products.
- Additional duties will include writing programmes (front end user interface) that can interact with databases and or spreadsheets.
- These programmes would have to defeat unwelcome user activity and be easy to use and understand.
- These programmes could show data on PC's or large monitors that are positioned around the plant.
- We currently write the programmes using Visual studio using C++ C# and visual basic and Python scripts.
- The role will involve programme maintenance at the front end of a busy manufacturing environment.
- Degree in Computer Science related subjects such as Computing or Information and Communication Technologies.
- Key competence.
- Object oriented design and programming.
- Interaction Design/Usability.
- Experienced in programming in C# (or Java/C++).
- Excellent team working skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.