Location: London, United Kingdom
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
Our client is a business that's revolutionising commerce by offering delivery in minutes or a time of the customer's choice. In November 2013 we were acquired by a massive ecommerce firm to help build out their worldwide delivery offering and to make our client a global brand.
With more than 100 million active users globally our client is the world's largest online marketplace, where anyone can buy and sell virtually anything. Founded in 1995, our client connects a diverse and passionate community of individual buyers and sellers, as well as small businesses and large enterprises. In 2017, the total value of goods sold on the platform was $88.4 billion -- that's $2,800 every second!
Today we are building out our services to become a global ecommerce delivery solution. Our client has big ambitions and the backing of one of the most prestigious technology companies in the world today. Fast iteration and lean delivery are at heart of our culture, a big part of our work involves transforming processes to align with the modern engineering pace. In 2017 we launched our services on our parent company main ecommerce site in the UK; in 2018 we will be entering new markets and adding more services to reach millions of more users.
What you bring:
- Agile:you'll help us inspect and adapt our processes - we're mostly an XP shop but we take the best bits of Lean, Scrum and Kanban too. You will contribute to the agile transformation of our client leading by example, coaching in training workshops and contributing to internal open source projects.
- Architecture:you choose the right tool for the job at hand, know when to drop in a NoSQL database and when to break something out into a new component and the best way to wire it in, when to go with the simplest fit into the current system and when to rethink the existing approach.
- Polyglot: you are confident working on a range of languages and can quickly adapt to new ones. You like working on established technology stacks as well as quickly changing platforms.
What we bring:
- Rewarding technical challenges- fixing ecommerce delivery requires solving difficult technical problems: building unified shipping platforms for diverse customers, iterating fast while providing the best customer experience, constantly improving our technology while dealing with the client's volume is what we do best. This isn't another photo sharing app - we're trying to make something that's brand, spanking new to the world
- Wonderful, bright, air-conditioned officesin Shoreditch, with bike racks (and shower!), right next to Liverpool St and Shoreditch High Street stations for super easy commuting, and lots of great food options nearby.
- Great company culture- we have a culture of respect and high expectations of others. We love sharing a drink in our Friday All Hands, play board games, enjoy free lunch and a pub quiz (not in the pub!) on our demo day and have constant collaboration around the business and loads of opportunity to get involved in interesting stuff.
- Flexible working- no set working hours, really great support for working from home (we've got good video conferencing facilities) and generous holiday.
- Competitive salaryand generous benefits.
What you'll do/learn:
- Apply TDD/BDD and other engineering best practices on all the code you deliver.
- Constantly improve quality: refactoring code, proposing new tools and changing processes.
- Pair with team members and collaborate with remote teams to share knowledge and give/get constant feedback
- Work across our entire stack and infrastructure, including internal and external APIs, enterprise distributed systems, services and tools
- Tune, support and monitor applications with tools like JMeter, JMX and Visual VM.
- Promote the best Agile practices, supporting and mentoring other teams in improving their technical skills and processes.
Previous experience on mature agile teams delivering continuously is a bonus
Our client is not providing UK visa sponsorship.