There is now a vacancy for a Software Development / Software Design Engineer to join a leading manufacturing company in Gillingham, Kent. Salary package for the Software Development Engineer / Software Design Engineer is c£34,000 + 24 days holiday + contributory pension + other benefits. The company can offer excellent prospects for career development.
Software Engineer - Role Purpose:
To design and develop software for company products and devices and assist in software development for future company projects. Software Development Engineer reports to the Technical Manager.
Software Engineer - Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop software for company devices, computers, mobile devices, and associated equipment.
- Development and testing of both PC/Mobile device software and embedded firmware.
- Carry out electronic circuit design and software design where appropriate.
- Liaise with other software engineers where necessary.
- Ensure that designs meet the stated objectives relating to performance, cost and timescale.
- Ensure that work is carried out within the framework of the company’s Production Engineering and Purchasing procedures.
- Produce prototypes of designs where appropriate.
- Maintain and update designs and design documentation as required.
- Ensure that all aspects relevant to the tasks in hand relating to the product operation and usage are understood, thereby ensuring that products operate as required.
- Maintain efficient and effective records relating to designs and design modifications, including issue status.
- Keep abreast of new developments relating to components, circuit techniques, software tools and techniques.
- Act as Project Leader on design projects as required.
Software Engineer - Person Specification:
- Degree in an IT or Computer Science related field
- Previous Experience in a software design role, using C, C++ and C# for graphical PC based applications and user interface design
- Proficiency in Microsoft Software Packages, Visual Studio, C, C++, C#, serial communication protocols including RS232 and USB, Networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP etc).
- Time Management and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and passion to succeed
Keywords: Software Engineer / Software Developer / Software Development Engineer / Software Design / Software Designer / Software Design Engineer / C Developer / C++ Developer / C# Developer / C Software Engineer / C++ Software Engineer / C# Software Engineer
Locations: Commutable from Gillingham, Rochester, Strood, Chatham, Aylesford, Maidstone, Gravesend, Greenhithe, Dartford, Rainham, Sittingbourne, Faversham, Ashford, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells
- Software Development
- Software Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job