With an annual turnover of $22.3 billion and a rental and leasing fleet of over one million vehicles spread across 9,900 locations worldwide, Enterprise Holdings – owner and operator of Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental – is a company that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Software Engineer to join our European Application Development team based at our EU HQ in Egham, Surrey.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development of web applications and SOA / middleware applications used by the European business, increase knowledge of industry recognised tools such as TFS, Visual Studio, Jira, Confluence, SpecFlow and SQL Server whilst working in an experienced and innovative Agile software development team. As time permits, the role may also assist with change requests and incidents from initial report through to production release.
- Support the designs, development and modifications of elements of technology
- Evaluates elements of the technology's effectiveness through working with the team on requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and makes recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness; takes appropriate steps toward resolution
- Implements, operates and maintains elements of technology
- Creates and maintains documentation for elements of technology
- Working with the team on listening to and evaluating customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations
- Protects our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities; follows security policies and procedures
- Proven technical aptitude
- Self-motivated with exceptional work ethic
- Enthusiastic, energetic and positive approach to business requests, problems and challenges
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong team player who is willing to articulate opinions with an eye for detail and a genuine can-do attitude
- Ability to work with changing priorities and ability to context switch
- Ability to independently prioritise own and the teams tasks and workload
- Experience working on Web applications and SOA / middleware applications preferred
- Experience with industry recognised tools such as TFS, Visual Studio, Jira, Confluence, SpecFlow and SQL Server preferred
- Experience with technologies: C#, Angular, XML, SOAP, WCF, RESTful services, JSON, .Net, Azure Service Bus, Azure functions, Logic Apps, Apps Services, DocumentDB (CosmosDB) preferred
- Experience with Unit Testing, Peer Testing, Defect fixing and tracking to resolution preferred
The role is based at our European Head Office in Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB.
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: Competitive
At Enterprise Rent-A-Car we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
How to Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. It’s not all about us, we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
- The first step is our application form, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies that we look for in our Software Engineers.
- If your application is successful one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to arrange a competency based telephone interview.
- Finally you will be invited to attend an interview with the hiring manager and you have the chance to meet the team.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"