Pay Range: £25,800.00-£50,200.00
We are seeking a DevOps/.NET/Cloud developer responsible for building strategically important enterprise applications, within an Agile environment.
Your primary responsibility will be to streamline and re-engineer delivery processes, through scripting and automation and strong communication and collaboration with others.
Additionally, you will have responsibilities to develop layers of our applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and delivering quality products is essential.
- Delivery process streamlining or re-engineering, through automation
- Definition, implementation and support for CI/CD pipelines
- Coding or scripting automation capabilities
- Implementation of automation techniques to measure and deliver quality, raising standards
- Communicating and collaborating with others
- Follow best practice standards, quality measures and metrics.
- Identify initiatives and innovations
- Provide strong technical competencies
- Deliver value-add type outcomes in all activities
- Translate user stories into functional applications, using Agile practices
- Build, and maintain efficient, reusable, scalable and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Demonstrate good Agile behaviours
- Must be a team player, highly enthusiastic and collaborative
- University Degree preferred, or equivalent relevant business experience
- Shows evidence of analytical ability
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
- Self motivated and results oriented
- Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrates strong focus on quality delivery and delighting customers; holds self to high standards of delivery
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
- Excellent experience of designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines (TFS, Jenkins, Dockers/Containers)
- Expert ability to code and script
- Excellent understanding and experience of automation tools (Puppet, Octopus, Infrastructure as Code)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Good knowledge and experience of implementing cloud based solutions (Azure)
- Experience and skills to integrate and automate business processes between interdependent applications that run on different systems (B2B, BizTalk, ESB).
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Experience of automation techniques to measure and deliver quality, raising standards (Code Analysis, SonarQube, Resharper)
- Data management skills
- Proficiency in C# or VB.NET, .NET framework and web based technologies
- Enterprise scale relational database management systems (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience of working on strategically important Digital projects
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming and principles
- Experience of using automated testing platforms and automated unit tests (TDD/BDD)
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns and principles
- Direct contributions to technical deliverables on strategically important projects
- Forward looking approach to adoption of improved industry practices
- Experience of working in Agile and full understanding of the methodology
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job