Salary: £40,000 - £47,000 + Benefits Package + Relocation Assistance
Our client is a market-leading giant within the online gaming industry and they are looking for a talented Software Engineer (Web) with excellent server and client side skills to join a self-organised digital development team in charge of highly performant web applications.
The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of web standards and developing full stack web applications, as well as experience in collaborating on software projects. You would be joining a small, nimble web development team that doesn’t buy into the hype, and simply focus on providing solutions that are highly scalable, easily testable, maintainable, and extensible. You are independent and inventive, you communicate and collaborate effectively, and have a hunger to learn, share knowledge, and thrive in an energising environment.
Our client works in a dynamic, collaborative, equal opportunity, non-hierarchal, and ego free culture where your talent is valued. They commit to continuous improvement, value diversity and reward initiative.
The successful Software Engineer (Web) will enjoy exciting challenges such as:
- Develop and code at all levels of various client-facing web and API application
- Write software with focus on great user experience, scalability, and performance.
- Play a key role in the full development cycle and direction of product and feature sets,
- Turn feature requests and technical requirements into a set of re-usable components using elegant code solutions.
- Shape the internal software architecture and feature development, from requirements gathering, to design and implementation, to production deployment.
- Development, operations, testing and others
- Work together to ship outstanding code to production.
If this is the challenge that you have been waiting for then you will need to following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience with full stack web development across mobile and desktop
- Ideally you are already experienced with or want to learn React and Redux
- Strong experience with a at least one of the dominating scripting languages for web - Ruby, PHP, Python, Elixir, NodeJs. We tend to use Ruby and NodeJs a lot
- Passionate about web development - you are familiar with all aspects of MVC web applications and at ease on both server and client side, applying the most adequate pattern in the right situation
- You have interest in working in a very cross-functional team that touches on many of the core systems and user flows
- Performance and optimisation experience on both server and client side
- A solid engineer - you find something magical about solving problems with elegant but simple solutions. You have deep knowledge of OOP and design patterns and are a good problem solver with attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- A good communicator - you communicate enthusiastically, clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical staff
- A keen learner - you are up-to-date and capable of keeping the pace with the latest trends and technologies in web development
- You are hands on, passionate, persistent, creative, and humble.
- You get things done
Based in Gibraltar, not only is this a fantastic career opportunity, it is also a chance to experience a great lifestyle in a location with over 300 days’ sunshine per year! For further information regarding relocating to Gibraltar/Southern Spain and working in the online gaming industry, please have a look at our YouTubevideo: [Relocation to Gibraltar and working in the Online Gaming industry] youtubeDOTcom/watch?v=xj1f92a2ksU
So, if you are looking for this exciting position, and want to work for an industry leader in the sun, look no further and send your CV to Castle Hill Recruitment, or apply here on Reed.
If you have any further questions regarding working in Gibraltar, and living in Gibraltar / Southern Spain then please contact us.
- Ruby on Rails
- Web Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"