Why do you enjoy developing software?
- To have a variety of complex software problems to solve?
- To turn your talents to all manner of design and development tasks - real devices and machines, electronics or mechanical systems, directly with hardware systems?
- To work in a talented and collaborative cross-disciplinary team that provides insight into best practice software product development - from button-sized embedded electronics systems through to innovative manufacturing process control?
- To use your toolbox of programming knowledge and a desire to work in Agile teams.
- To design and build solutions using the best-suited technologies for the problem you are trying to solve?
- To add value through your non-software capability (e.g., as an applied physicist, mathematician, regulatory expert, comms expert, mechanical/mechatronics expert, etc.)?
- Because it's what you do in your spare time too, for fun?
At PA Consulting our Design, Engineering & Science function brings...
- Experience of how to help our clients manage technology and innovate better - because we innovate every day, for a living.
- Knowledge of multiple sectors where solutions to our clients' challenges may already exist - because we work across all major sectors.
- Ability to take a product from idea to market quickly and efficiently - because we deploy multidisciplinary teams with world class facilities on a single site.
- Commercial understanding to exploit technologies successfully - because we design and improve the businesses that drive these products to profit.
Organisations we work with...
- Invest in their innovation, research and development effectiveness. They need to redesign their capabilities and processes and understand what new skills they need to continuously deliver both incremental and disruptive innovation in their domains.
- Invest in new ideas that deliver better consumer experience and capture the public's view of 'right' values across the supply chain.
- Look inside and outside their organisations to identify the optimum partnerships to spark, and then deliver, innovative products and services.
What we're looking for
Over the 10 weeks, you'll gain valuable insights into how we develop software for our clients across a broad range of sectors including Medical, Consumer, Transport, Defence & Security and Communications. Projects vary in size, so you could be working within a team of software engineers as part of a larger project, or more independently on a smaller one.
- On track to achieve a 2:1 in Electronic or Information Engineering, or Computer Science
- A good understanding of at least one programming language, ideally one of: C, C++, Python
- Understanding of software as part of a system
- Experience of testing, including structured debugging and fixing
- An interest in the commercial use of technology
- Experience with Linux systems
- Understanding of computer networking
The start date for this role will be in July 2021.
This role is open to undergraduates in their penultimate year of university. If you intend to return to university after the internship to complete an MSc, you will also be eligible for this position.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'