Our client a leading Financial Services organisation is looking for an API Software Engineer to join their API team.
Our client approaches software delivery with an Agile mind-set, focusing on delivering small, value driven enhancements often.
The successful candidate will be working with one of their scrum teams to build and maintain the RESTful APIs that will underpin both our clients and their partners’ digital apps. This role will ensure that:
- When the code leaves development it is production ready.
- If you change an API you only ever make it better: Ratchet
- SOLID /KISS principles are followed.
- Only build software that is cloud ready.
- Keep re-use and versioning at the forefront of your mind.
- Focus on delivering great stuff.
Responsibilities will include:
- The creation of high-quality RESTful APIs for consumption by internal & external consumers within a specific business domain
- Leading the delivery of the API from engagement with key stakeholders and user groups through to the estimation of delivery, build and test
- Supporting & sharing best practice with teams
- Evangelise and lead the way on creating a culture of innovation with focus given to APIs support this
- Ensure application roadmaps are in place and govern against them
- Excellent technical expertise in Java Development and associated frameworks (Junit, Cucumber, Jenkins, Spring, Maven)
- Hands on experience of developing with RedHat FUSE, Apache ServiceMix or Apache Camel.
- Hands on experience of designing, building and supporting RESTful APIs
- Excellent knowledge of industry direction and trends within RESTful API development
- Strong experience of server side Java development and associated concerns (e.g. thread management, database access, ORM, security)
- Hands on experience with working on high volume systems >100-1000 TPS
- Experience of working in large teams with a shared codebase, and designing & building for maintainability
- Experience of working in geographically dispersed teams
- Have a strong working knowledge of Agile Software Architectures, GoF OO Software Design Patterns, the SOLID principles, Test and Behaviour Driven Development
- Negotiating, influencing, effectively challenging and gaining commitment
- Excellent knowledge of industry direction and trends within development
- Shaping product backlogs, new projects and initiatives, assessing the impact of initiatives, programmes or projects on systems/applications
- Experienced working within an agile environment; able to identify and create epics, write user stories, t-shirt sizing and pointing
With some commercial experience of:
- Web services experience (JSON, REST, SOAP)
- Leadership, communication & influencing skills
If you don’t have experience of some of the above then the urge to learn about it will suffice.
Our client in return, offers a competitive salary and fantastic benefits, including excellent pension and bonus potential, as well as generous annual leave
- API development
- Financial Services
- Java API
- Software Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job