As a successful candidate you will be working in the Release Engineering team, producing and maintaining development build systems, tools and installers in support of our Application Development Teams and our customer base.
You will be involved in varied technical solutions across a spectrum of software languages including the latest .NET technologies using C#, scripting using PowerShell, MSBuild and SQL.
Build scripts and applications form part of a range of automated build systems and tools that provide efficiencies to our Application Developers, whilst bespoke installers need to be bullet proof and easy to use for our customer base.
The role is a challenging and dynamic one, with key deadlines to be met. The role will require learning new skills and bringing a focused attitude with attention to detail on all tasks
- Translating technical requirements into application code and modules.
- Making modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with written specifications and industry standards.
- Developing and integrating software solutions per written specifications.
- Developing software application modules using disciplined software development processes.
- Participating in reviews of own work and in reviews of the work of colleagues.
- Unit testing of modules they have developed or modified, ensuring application meets needs of client and business.
- BSC or equivalent in a software engineering discipline
- Experience of windows application development using C#
- Experience of windows application development using XML