Software Engineer - Scala - REMOTE WORKING
London, Currently - FLEXIBLE / REMOTE / HOME WORKING
Up to £45,000 + Great Benefits
This is your chance to work for the largest grocery retailer and one of the leading supermarket chains in the UK! This company is looking for an experienced Software engineer to come and work within one of their Agile teams alongside other talented developers, product owners and engineering managers to write greenfield products that will be responsible for continuing success of the company. This role will sit within their Pricings & Promotions team working alongside machine learning engineers to build a high-performance platform from scratch!
This company aims to be the UK's most trusted retailer, somewhere people love to work AND shop. The company have a great work environment and employees have worked within the company for 20+ years! Now, as one of the UK's leading retailers across food, clothing, general merchandise and financial services, the company are looking to another keen individual to join their team!
Your role working as a Software Engineer will involve:
- Writing high quality, clean and well-documented code
- Working as part of a cross-functional team, owning the SDLC
- Following agile working practices
- Helping develop tools, applications and libraries
- Collaborating with internal teams and third party vendors
- Demonstrate and teach best practices (TDD/BDD)
- Work collaboratively with your team
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
What your role as a Software Engineer will require:
- Proven commercial experience in Scala and functional programming
- Experience building applications in a microservices architecture, event sourcing and CQRS
- Experience deploying work to the cloud
- Knowledge of Kafka and streaming
- Strong communication skills
- Strong team player and contributor
The salary for your role as a Software Engineer is up to £45,000.
Along with this salary, the company are providing a wide range of benefits:
- Holiday Allowance
- Colleague discount
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension plan
- Offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please register your interest by sending your CV to Jessica Boss via the Apply link on this page.
Please note that our client is currently running a fully remote interview process, and able to on-board and hire remotely as well. This role is intended to be home working for the duration of COVID-19.
- Event sourcing
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'