An exciting opportunity to work on a large scale data platform, using primarily Python, Scala and Big Data technologies in a DevOps culture.
The organisation are small in size, but extremely ambitious and are dedicated to R&D to innovate their flagship product as well as introducing new services to their offering. They are now in a crucial stage of determining how to handle large and diverse data, with the latest Big Data tools.
They primarily code in Scala and Python, and big data frameworks such as Spark, Cassandra, Kineses and more are consistently added to the roadmap. The team operates in a DevOps mentality and expertise is needed here to improve their process.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of extremely cutting edge projects and act as the focal point for Big Data.
- Strong understanding of DevOps cultures
- Advanced Software Engineering experience, ideally with Python and/or a Functional programming language
- Exposure to Big Data frameworks would be ideal
- Knowledge of cloud services, ideally AWS
- Passion for data
- Strong opinions on the latest trends and tech
Salary for Big Data Engineer:
£45,000 - £75,000 plus stock options, Flexible working
Nick Goodwin - Reqiva