Software Engineer - Oxford
A new position has just been created for an experienced Software Engineer to join my exciting client working out of their new Oxford based offices. My client is developing a new cutting edge range of products that will involve working with up to date technologies. The successful candidate will have strong experience in C/C++ programming on embedded platforms and have good knowledge of camera systems, localisation and mapping software.
The successful Software Engineer can expect their role to involve:
- Development of sensor processing and navigation algorithms that would allow for the autonomous localisation within known, partially known and unknown environments.
- These algorithms will take advantage of computer vision and therefore experience of camera theory, calibration, detection, optical flow, transformations, homography, tracking, etc. is crucial.
- Development in C/C++ and implemented in real-time on embedded (bare metal, or Linux) platforms
You will ideally have experience in a similar role, a strong acadmeic background and experience wiht the majority of the technolgies listed below:
- Sensor Processing and Fusion: Camera, Inertial and GNSS
- Knowledge of Camera Systems: Interface types, Video codecs, Pixel formats, Sensor, lens and shutter types, Computer vision theory and techniques
- Localisation and Mapping: GNSS/Inertial and SLAM
- Strong mathematical ability: Pure mathematics, Linear Algebra, Statistics,…
- C/C++: Embedded, Windows, Linux
- State Observers: Linear (Kalman Filters) and Nonlinear (EKF, UKF, Particle Filter, etc.)
- Experience with OpenCV
- Appreciation for Bayesian decision theory
- Appreciation for the dynamics of physical systems
Based in the Oxford area and offering plenty of onsite parking my client is easily commutable via a host of local towns and cities such as: Swindon, Aylesbury, Reading, Banbury, High Wycombe, Abingdon and Didcot. My client is offering a strong package so apply today for immediate consideration
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job