Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + Excellent Benefits Package + Relocation Assistance
The client’s API engineers are responsible for providing groundbreaking interfaces to their internal and external customers. Built around simple but proven principles the small, swift, and independent team is able deliver optimized data streams to customers around the globe.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in developing across the full API cycle, with proven expertise in API development and server side technologies. They are independent and inventive, and communicate and collaborate effectively, and have a hunger to thrive in an energizing environment.
This challenging yet exciting Software Engineer NodeJs role will see the successful candidate take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop and code on high-volume, low latency APIs, building applications that focus simplicity, scalability, and performance.
- Play a key role in the full development cycle and direction of product and feature sets.
- Take feature requests and technical requirements and translate them into a set of re-usable components using elegant code solutions.
- Participate in and/or take ownership over the internal software architecture and feature development, from requirements gathering, to design and implementation, to production deployment.
- Development, operations, testing and others all work together to identify and resolve bottlenecks on the path to production.
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for then you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Passionate about API development - you know and follow best practices when creating well-architected REST APIs and are proficient with all aspects of modern server side development.
- A solid engineer - you find something magical about solving problems with elegant but simple solutions. You have deep knowledge of OOP and design patterns and are a good problem solver with attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- A good communicator - you communicate enthusiastically, clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical staff.
- A keen learner - you are up-to-date and capable of keeping the pace with the latest trends and technologies in API development.
- You are hands on, passionate, persistent, creative, and humble. You get things done
Based in Gibraltar, not only is this a fantastic career opportunity, it is also a chance to experience a great lifestyle in a location with over 300 days’ sunshine per year! For further information regarding relocating to Gibraltar/Southern Spain and working in the online gaming industry, please have a look at our YouTubevideo: [Relocation to Gibraltar and working in the Online Gaming industry] youtubeDOTcom/watch?v=xj1f92a2ksU
So, if you are looking for this exciting position, and want to work for an industry leader in the sun, look no further and send your CV to Castle Hill Recruitment, or apply here on Reed.
If you have any further questions regarding working in Gibraltar, and living in Gibraltar / Southern Spain then please contact us.
- API development
- Communication Skills
- Software Engineering
- Online Gaming