We have positions at various levels so whether you’re a junior or a seasoned veteran as long as the below description sounds like you then we want to hear from you
At comparethemarket.com, we ctm'ers look to push the edge with new technologies so that we can deliver the very best for the business. Our team spirit means everyone's opinion is important in building top class software.
We are advocates and evangelists of Agile methodologies so that we are able to adapt and change course depending on business needs. Our focus is our customer, building UX driven software that we believe will make a difference.About you:
- Are you the kind of developer that knows quality is a team effort and everyone gets involved at all stages?
- Want to build code you're proud of and improve the systems, the process and the people around you
- Do you want to get involved in disrupting the technology market with innovative ideas?
- Agile, XP, Lean, Pairing, TDD, Championing automation and driving CI/CD with a delivery focus. Do all of these come to mind when thinking about great ways to work?
You're a passionate developer who is able to work effectively with other people.
You thrive on working in teams, being heard and sharing the passion you have for creating software. Wherever you are in your development journey, you have a passion for building great software with the coolest new tech.As a ctm'er engineer, you will have and be involved in:
- good working knowledge of OO and design patterns
- experience in Agile, including Lean, XP and Scrum
- an unrivalled enthusiasm for new and emerging technologies
- work in a collaborative team environment with lots of pairing and mobbing
- be in an environment where you're encouraged to innovate and share your own ideas with monthly personal development
- enjoy career progression that you own and drive
- be responsible for the code you write and getting it live to customers with a test first deploy often approach (Build it, Run it, own it)
- Get a chance influence both back and front end systems and technologies.
You will have:
- Understanding of non-functional requirements, quality assurance and continued improvement methods
- Experience in Node.js
- Dedication to deliver high quality well tested software.
- a core software craftsmanship toolset, including:
SOLID, KISS, DRY, YAGNI and Tell-Don't-Ask
- It's a big bonus if you have all or any of of the following:
Why choose us?
The benefits package and salary is competitive - competitive and comprehensive. You'll enjoy a contributory pension, life assurance, a progressive workplace, free weekly team breakfasts, great facilities (including a great coffee machine, pool table and tennis table) and rewards as well as a range of other benefits that you would expect from a great employer.
Perhaps most importantly, you will have the opportunity to work with some outstanding people in a fun and thriving environment.
If you can see yourself succeeding in this role, it would be great to speak to you. The first step is to apply.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job