Organisation: Coventry University
Coventry University's transformation into one of the world's leading educational establishments is being matched by an ambitious IT Transformation. This Transformation will deliver technology with a global reach that supports the growing needs of students, staff and stakeholders. Process automation, distance learning, developments in digital and student care will see new IT capabilities support the contemporary needs of our staff and students. To deliver this transformation the University needs people with real passion, the ability to think innovatively and with an energy that will create change at pace and push boundaries to create better futures.
Our approach to education is leading edge and is proven with our multitude of awards and prominent position in the league tables; where we have once again retained the title of top modern university from The Guardian in its' University Guide 2019 (for the 7th year in a row!). We are an agile establishment, where taking risks and seizing opportunities are well rewarded.
As a Software Engineering Manager you will be an excellent communicator, team player and will demonstrate strong leadership skills. You will be part of a collaborative culture within the delivery team and work within and contribute to a high performing, rapid delivery team. You will provide day to day direction to the team, cohesiveness and expert advice in code design standards and ways of working. You will provide definitive and expert advice in technical practices.
* Responsible for the development, support and management of application products and services deployed on behalf of the Coventry University Group. They will ensure application products are efficient, secure, perform optimally and are aligned to business goals and objectives.
* Responsible for line managing and overseeing the day to day working of the Software. Ensuring high team performance alongside developing a culture of learning and empowerment.
* Taking responsibility for the delivery of architecture solutions, within budget and on time.
* Manages the full product lifecycle for applications to ensure that the ongoing needs of customers/users continue to be met.
* Liaise with the Architects, Business Analysts, and Development Team to ensure the business requirements are fully understood and met.
* Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or substantial experience in related field in lieu of the above.
* Experience of leading and managing software engineering teams; developing and sustaining a high performance culture
* Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
* Application development and software engineering background (ideally .net)
* Cyber-security within application technologies.
As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowances. As a member of staff you can see the benefits from a huge range of products and services, including supermarket shopping, restaurants and visitor attractions. We also offer childcare vouchers, discounted rates on healthcare plans and advice on healthy living.
- Software Engineering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'