Software Engineer (Graduate & Experienced: Java / C# / XML)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a young but highly successful software SME company in Oxford creating the next generation of software applications for use in financial and non-financial domains.
There are several positions currently open with this company ranging from Graduate Software Developer through to Technical Consultant / Delivery Developer and also Pre Sales Engineers - below highlights the core competencies for all roles.
Having been around for several years now the company have earned themselves an excellent reputation on a global scale for the innovativeness and quality of their software applications. Their software has multiple applications in many domains but can be found in some of the world largest financial institutions and utilities companies. This role offers an opportunity to get in whilst the company is still relatively young and undergoing a large and sustained growth period. The requirements all include a deep understanding of object oriented development and computer science and there will be plenty of opportunity to learn within the role, as many projects coming up now involve functional programming and big data techniques.
Role and Responsibilities:
-Be involved at all stages of the design and development of innovative and highly robust software applications
-Add to the ethos of a vibrant young technology company with innovation, hard-work and a true passion for technology
-Work on a range of tools using a diverse technology stack and be heavily involved with new projects involving functional programming
-Help to decide upon technical strategy and technology choice through R&D and prototyping
- Strong software engineering skills in one or more Object Oriented languages. (e.g. Java, C# / .Net, C++)
- Desire to work with Java as the main stack
- Advanced Computer Science knowledge and background (algorithms, distributed systems, low latency, concurrency, graph & string theory, machine learning, big-O notation etc.)
- Experience of understanding client requirements and translating them into software applications
- Strong communication skills
- An excellent academic track record with a BSc minimum (2.1 or above) in a computing, scientific, mathematical or engineering discipline. MScs and PhDs preferred.
Oxford, Oxfordshire, London, Reading
This is negotiable depending on experience. The company are open to recent graduates or doctorate students as well as being interested in more experience developers and people with client facing or pre-sales experience.
£25,000 - £30,000 (graduate - 1 year experience)
£30,000 - £45,000+ (2 - 4 years in a similar role or with relevant skills)
Glenn Rose @ reQiva Digital Careers
- Object Oriented